Life is not measured in minutes, but in memories…
Today at Toad Hollow Photography we are excited to share with you our new website launch: may we please introduce you to Toad Hollow Wedding Photography! Today’s announcement is the direct result of many weeks of hard work done by Mrs. Toad and I, as well as our partner vendors and local friends. None of this would be remotely possible without their support and encouragement, and we would like to take this opportunity to thank them all:
- Zuk Design – the wonderful folks at Zuk Design have been working tirelessly with us as we’ve been designing and finalizing our new website, our new business cards, and the rack cards we will have at our exhibit this weekend
- Vancouver Island Event Catering – Azam at Vancouver Island Catering has been instrumental in this new launch as we are partnering up with him at the exhibit this weekend and will be part of a package service offering with him and his group
- Cornerstone Weddings and Events – Kimberly at Cornerstone Weddings and Events has worked with us providing valuable advice and assistance (as well as being one of our brides in the big shoot this past weekend!) through various aspects of our recent work. Cornerstone Weddings and Events is a vendor partner of ours, and we will be sharing a table with Kimberly at the event this weekend
- Tasha Winters Hair & Makeup Artistry – Tasha was one of our brides for our recent photoshoot, details of which we will be sharing below in this post. She also has a company on Vancouver Island that is focused on providing hair and makeup services for her clients, as well as running a vintage item rental service to add a dash of something old to your special day
- Leaf and Petal Flower Studio – we were so very lucky to have two flower arrangements made available to us on our big photoshoot from the folks at Leaf and Petal. The arrangements were as aromatic as they were beautiful and colorful
- Modern Bride Show – and finally, none of this would have been possible if not for the call to action created by us being selected as a vendor at the big Modern Bride Show being held this weekend February 7th, in Victoria, BC. We anticipate that we will be meeting upwards of 20,000 people at our table this weekend and have been working around the clock to create materials that are worthy of such a terrific exhibition
Here at Toad Hollow, we love photography and the story it tells in a single frame. We also love romance, and combining both of our passions into one practice seems like a natural next step for us. As we worked at preparing for the big event, we started by scheduling several photoshoots to capture profound imagery that could be used in our endeavors. These shoots turned out to be highlights for us over the past several weeks, helping to create the sense of building excitement as the big day quickly approaches.
Our first session found us focused on a wonderful couple here in the Cowichan Valley, Courtney and Brady. We started out the session at one of our favorite little churches on Vancouver Island, The Anglican Parish of St. Peter, Quamichan. The wonderful wood tones and architectural details within the church worked in perfect harmony with our subjects to create fabulous compositional opportunities that we truly love. Once we finished our work at St. Peter we headed up to my favorite little spot, Stone Butter Church. Here we found the old and weathered architectural skeleton worked perfectly as a backdrop for finishing up our portrait session. The entire catalog of photographs of this shoot are posted and available for viewing: Courtney and Brady.
This session was the perfect lead-up to the photoshoot we scheduled for this past weekend where two beautiful brides made their way into the heart of the wilderness for a fabulous session.
These two beautiful brides braved a damp and dreary day to join us in the wilds of the island. They brought along several props we used during the shoot to create a specific feel and mood for the photography. Be sure to check out Kimberly’s post “Bridal Photo Shoot” on the session for her perspective on what we felt was a very fun and exciting afternoon!
To say we had a terrific time with Kimberly and Tasha would be a massive understatement! Please click the following link to see the entire wonderful catalog of photographs from this session: “Kimberly and Tasha – Two Brides in the Forest“.
So, without any further ado, we present to you Toad Hollow Wedding Photography!! We are very excited about having the opportunity to share in the most special day in people’s lives; their wedding day. It is a huge honor and privilege for us to be chosen to capture the memories and moments of a day that will be remembered forever by friends and family alike.
Let us take care of capturing your precious moments, so you are free to enjoy them!
If you are in Victoria on February 7th, 2015, please make a point of coming by The Bay Centre and seeing us at our table! We’ll be looking for you!