Summer Sale At Topaz Labs

Posted: 30th June 2013 by ToadHollowPhoto in Photography
Tags: , ,

If you’ve been waiting for a sale at Topaz Labs to jump in and get their complete bundle of plugins, wait no more!  These incredible plugins offer unprecedented value for the photographer, making it easy to create images that are stunning.  We use them all in various forms during our post-processing, and we can honestly say that each of the tools works perfectly, making quick and easy work of post processing.

Barn - Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

Barn – Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

This barn photograph was taken here in the Cowichan Valley.  This great red barn is home to a family of Alpaca’s, and if you look closely under the trees in the right part of the frame you’ll see a pair of them taking shelter from the summer’s sun.  Standing against the barn are a few more of these incredible animals.  We just love how the Topaz tools bring out natural looking contrast and definition in the picture, really bringing to life a little of the character that is Vancouver Island.

Barn - Before Topaz Labs Plugins - Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

Barn – Before Topaz Labs Plugins – Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

Here’s the above picture before we processed it.  You can really see the incredible difference these powerful tools make.  The pictures really come to life, exposing terrific details and textures.  The Topaz Detail plugin does a stunning job of accenting the features here.

Barn - Before Topaz Labs Plugins - Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

Barn – Before Topaz Labs Plugins – Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

Barn - Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

Barn – Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

Once again, the results are subtle, but really amazing.  The trick to post-processing if you are going for realism is to use tools like this with small and subtle adjustments.  Even the slightest of adjustments in your image processing suite brings big results.

And here’s the best part!  Topaz Labs is offering the entire suite of plugins in a bundle until July 7th for an incredible 33% off!  That’s a $100 savings!  Simply use the code july4 at checkout to receive your savings, reducing the retail price from $299.99 to $199.99.  You’ll be amazed with the results, and with all the time you save in post-processing you can really enjoy the summer away from the digital darkroom.

Hi Toad – good to know. I have been enjoying the trial version of Topaz Clarity I downloaded a few weeks ago – the trial period is about to run out, so now is decision time. I will be looking at this special for sure, though I had not previously considered the whole bundle.
    I sure like what you have done to your barn shots, it is a very subtle and yet very noticeable difference.

I’ll just add one caution. The link provided in the first sentence takes us to a window which shows the bundle across the top and then lists 13 Topaz products underneath in three columns. Not all 13 products are in the bundle! Read the box for the Bundle carefully prior to making your purchase – you will not, for instance, get Clarity in the bundle, which is not as obvious as it could be.

Ooo, I didn’t notice that, thanks Ehpem… I will add an addendum to my post on that right now. Much appreciated, and I hope this didn’t cause anyone any problems.

• avatar ehpem says:

Hi Toad, right now the link seems broken. Maybe they are rearranging it? I wrote directly to them as well, but it is a Sunday so quick actions seems a bit unlikely. I expect the link will be up again soon, and the other pages there seem to work.

Ah, yes, indeed it is. It will likely be fixed fairly soon, I’d reckon, I’ve worked on systems like this for many years now and this looks to be a temporary glitch. I guess all I can suggest to everyone else is to keep trying, it’ll be back up as soon as they can get it sorted out, I am sure.

Beautiful images Toad. I use Topaz as one of my tools as well as Nik and OnOne. They are terrific tools.

4. avatar Rich McPeek says:

Beautiful shots Toad! Thanks for the info! I use Topaz myself!

Great tools, eh, Rich? We love the images you create, so it’s little wonder you use the Topaz Labs tools yourself there!

5. Hi Mr Toad, labor intensive editing as needed is my way (easier to afford these days) but, as you show here, these filters definitely are the cat’s miauw.

Indeed they are, Joseph, thank you so much for your kind visit and comments here today!

Beautiful images Toad. I love the Topaz suite of products. They do an amazing job.

I really agree, Edith, thank you so much for visiting and leaving these great comments!!

I’m a great fan now of Topaz Detail – images really pop when the are run through that plug-in.

Me too, Andy, all our images get run through Topaz Detail these days, it’s truly second to none for pulling out those intricate details that make fine art so compelling! Thanks for taking the time to visit us here today, good sir!

8. I just love those barn shots Toad! The really cool sky makes it pop out. I bought Topaz Clarity when it came out and I absolutely love it. I have been using some of the other plugins as well but I don’t use them that often. But they do make great software.

They really do Michael, and I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying the new Clarity plugin, we use it a lot in our post processing! Thanks so much for your kind visit my friend, much appreciated!

Wow! What a great day to capture this barn! The wispy clouds are fantastic and that red barn offsets the blue sky. Who doesn’t love a red barn? Love the Topaz treatment! Really makes the images pop!

Thanks Rick, we really couldn’t agree more! We really appreciate all your support, my friend, many thanks!

10. avatar Erin Duke says:

Great examples of the Topaz toolbox! One of these days I’m going to pick up that bundle–but I need to update my computer first so it can handle all that software! 🙂

You sure won’t regret it, Erin, those tools are powerful, producing great results and saving you tons of time in the digital darkroom. We couldn’t recommend them any higher! Many thanks for your terrific comments and your visit, my friend, it really means a lot to us!