It’s been a rough week here around The Hollow as it seems that I picked up a bit of a bug.  And we’re not talking about the delicious, fly-like kind, either, we’re talking about the kind that puts a trusty toad straight into the Lily Pads where he needs to rest for a few days.  Thankfully, the worst is behind and I find myself stirring back to life and anxious to engage the world again.  And perfect timing, too, I might add…  spring has officially arrived here on Vancouver Island!!

Cowichan Bay Marina - Cowichan Bay, BC, Canada

Cowichan Bay Marina – Cowichan Bay, BC, Canada

It’s been a very busy spring here for us this year, with lot’s of exciting new projects and shoots planned for 2013.  For those who follow us regularly, you already know of our Fine Art Exhibition just announced, featuring some of our favorite pieces on display in the Cow Cafe & Cookhouse in the tiny community of Cowichan Bay on Vancouver Island.  The restaurant features some of our favorite food on the island, as well as the most wonderful views you could ever imagine.  Like this one here.

As spring makes it presence known on the coast now, we begin to look around us with a fresh outlook, searching for really great projects to shoot and share here with everyone.  We’ve got a few in the works right now, and some more in the planning stages, so 2013 is going to be action-packed, for sure.  As the seasons transition from cold and grey to colorful and warm, one of our favorite pastimes is to visit Cowichan Bay.  It just seems to us that no matter how many times you visit here, each new visit reveals a ton of great new items and details to take in photographically.

The first nice days of the year here found Mrs. Toad and I in a remarkable situation where we had a few hours to spend together.  Without a second thought, we grabbed our gear and headed for Cowichan Bay.  The air was warm, temperate you might say.  The smell of budding flowers and emerging vegetation was all around us, and was truly unmistakable.  The sea air lingered all around us, enveloping us in a sense of peace and wonder as the soft sounds of the water lapping in the bay gently echoed around us.  We really do love this island we live on and find ourselves to be very blessed in living here.

And we so love sharing it all with you, our good friends.

Thanks ever so kindly for your visit today, we sure do appreciate it.  As always, we love to hear from all our visitors so please don’t hesitate to leave us any comments or thoughts you may have!  Until next time!

1. avatar Rachel Cohen says:

Hi Toad, I’m so sorry to hear you came down with a bad bug, but very glad you’re back up and around again!
    A beautiful spring image you have there! Best wishes and a lovely spring season to you and Mrs. Toad, my dear friend! 🙂

Hiya Rachel, thank you so much for taking the time to come on by and see us here today, and for your wonderful thoughts and comments! We just can’t tell you how much that means to us here, thank you so much my good, good friend!

Welcome back from the bug Toad – hate to hear of you down, but glad you’re on the mend. Man, that image looks warm and spring-ish! Hope to see more from the Bay soon! take care my friend!

Jim, you sir are both a true scholar and a wonderful gentleman. Thank you so much for your kind words tonight, we really really appreciate your support!

3. Lovely shot! I drive by Cowichan Bay every day on my way to and from work. Love it, and the rest of the valley too.

Hope you feel better soon.

It’s so wonderful to see you here around The Hollow, Beth, thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for your terrific comments I am sure everyone will enjoy! We love it so much here in the valley, we sure feel blessed to be able to call it home. How wonderful it is to connect with local folks like yourself here, it’s really a highlight for us! Many thanks, hope to see you here again soon!

4. Lovely photograph Mr Toad, I like the way this group of boats is separate from the wall to wall boats congregating in this bay. I believe that I saw you in Cowichan Bay the day of this shoot, but of course when I had time to investigate this sighting you had moved on to (perhaps?) the Government Wharf.

Oh Joseph, we would have been so delighted to have a chance to say hello to you, I am so very sorry we missed you kind sir! Thanks so much for popping on by, I somehow knew you’d find and appreciate this post here today. You’re a terrific friend, thanks so much!

5. Glad to hear you’re on the mend. And nice work with this image. You have me all fired up about getting out for some coastal spring shooting.

As I progress with my photography, I truly find the coastal scenes to be some of my all-time favorite subject matters. Thanks so much for taking the time to pop on by today, Steven, your comments really mean an awful lot to us!

6. avatar Erin Duke says:

Glad you’re feeling better! Gorgeous image as always, and while I’m late in my congratulatory comments on your fine art exhibition, they are no less sincere. Best of luck and enjoy the spring warmth, my friend! 🙂

Erin, it’s always a highlight when you pop by and leave us your wonderful thoughts like this, thank you my dear friend! We truly wish you the very best for your spring, too, we really hope it’s arrived and in full swing there! I’ve been watching some of your flower photographs on your blog lately, and they are both very beautiful and very timely! 🙂

Glad to hear that you are feeling better Toad. Great image of the water. Makes me want to drive to the sea.

Glad to hear you’re feeling better Toad. I got that bug a few weeks ago and it really knocks you out. Beautiful image today my friend. Good luck with the exhibition and let us now how it goes. That is something I’ve been starting to think about as well.

I look forward to hearing of your exhibition when you get it up and running Edith! We were lucky enough to be contacted directly and requested as such, so that made it a lot easier. We’re looking to do more like this now. Anyhoo, thanks so much for your kind, kind visit and comments here today, Edith, they mean more than we can properly say!

9. Sorry to hear that you got sick Toad, but I’m happy to hear that you’re on the mend. Spring is such a fun season as everyday seems to bring something new to life. Hope you fully recover soon and have a great weekend! Your Marina shot reminds me that we actually have one of those around these parts as well that I need to shoot before the mosquitoes get too thick.

Dude, marina’s in your part of the world?? 🙂 LOL If it was me, and I lived where you do, I’d MOVE to a marina, even if I had to live in a rowboat! Wait, maybe not the best plan now that you mention the mosquitoes. Best of luck with your activities there, good sir, and many thanks for popping on by to see us here today!

10. Glad to hear you are recovering. Can one really tell between a Toad’s cough and his usual croak? 🙂

Good luck with the upcoming exhibition. I look forward to a report.

HA! OK, that right there, the best comment I’ve seen all day Mark!! 🙂 Thank you so, so, so much my kind friend, it really means so much!

11. Hope you are feeling better!!! It’s no fun being sick!!!

Can’t keep a good Toad down, really, Derrick! I am almost completely back on my flippers here, causing all sorts of trouble for Mrs. Toad. 🙂 Thanks so much for popping on by today, my friend, we really really appreciate it!

Glad you are feeling better. I know a bug has been floating around here. Hopefully I don’t catch it. I’m definitely ready for the warm weather. I’m really tired of this snow!

It’s been a rough winter for many, it seems. Mrs. Toad and I have been excitedly talking about all the projects we want to get to once the weather turns here, so we’re in a holding pattern just waiting for sunshine and warmth!! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit today, Rick, we really really appreciate it!

glad you are feeling better and wonderful photo here my friend!

14. avatar lensscaper says:

Sorry to hear of your malady, but I trust by the time you read this you will leapfrogging (or maybe I should write leap-toading but that doesn’t sound quite right) around, bursting with the buds of spring! My malady was forgetfulness – somehow managed to delete you from the Reader. How I managed to commit such a cardinal sin I’m not sure but it’s now corrected. Spring is scheduled to reach us this weekend and I cant wait.

We fare well now, thank you Andy! Indeed, it’s hard to keep a pair of good Toads down, and as such we’ve been sighted on the island recently by those paying attention. 😀 You, sir, are a true scholar and a gentleman, and I am thankful for your friendship.