We’ve all heard the expression before “a wolf in sheep’s clothing”.  This would mean that the wolf came to the door dressed in a demure and timid fashion in an attempt to gain the sheep’s trust and thereby turn the herd into a giant buffet.  This would be a misnomer in this case.  What we’ve got here actually started out as a rather intimidating wolf and has since been turned into the fiercest tiger you’ve ever come across.

It’s been a while since we’ve had a Corvette roaming the streets of our blog here, so we thought we’d do something about that today.  We’re heading back to the wonderful “Vette to Victoria” event that was hosted here in Victoria this spring by the Victoria Corvette Club.  It was a three-day cavalcade of great people, fun events and incredible cars.  Let’s waste to no time, shall we?  Get strapped in, let’s go for a ride…

Show 'n Shine - Vette to Victoria - Victoria, BC, Canada

Show ‘n Shine – Vette to Victoria – Victoria, BC, Canada

Back in the day when we were roaming the streets in our hot rods, a “sleeper” referred to a car that was deceiving in its looks.  Usually a little ratty looking, these cars almost always had humongous doses of horsepower under the hood.  This was an attempt to lure unknowing folks into engaging in a race that would ultimately result in a firm and resounding schooling for the unsuspecting competitor.

This car is nothing like that at all.  A C6 Corvette is not something to be trifled with under any circumstances.  But, what happens when you take one of the world’s most advanced platforms and then begin to modify it in an attempt to go faster?  You end up with a gorgeous modified Corvette like the one we are showcasing here today.  One that literally breathes fire.

Show 'n Shine - Vette to Victoria - Victoria, BC, Canada

Show ‘n Shine – Vette to Victoria – Victoria, BC, Canada

This story actually starts the night before the big Show ‘n Shine on Saturday morning.  The weekend began to unfold with a meet ‘n greet hosted at one of our local hotels.  As we arrived to sign-in for the weekend and meet the folks who came far and wide to participate, rumors began to circulate that there was a horde of horsepower sitting deep underground in the parking facility.  It actually wasn’t a rumor, the place was buzzing from both participants and people who just happened to be staying at the hotel who noticed the incredible collection amassing downstairs.

Our prime goal, of course, was to photograph as much of the event as possible.  After a few hello’s and other pleasantries we immediately headed down to the lower garage to see what the hubbub was all about.  And oh boy, did we find it.

As we toured the underground shooting all sorts of incarnations of the Corvette, we turned a corner to see this Atomic Orange C6 sitting at the end of one of the arms of the parkade.  It was up on a hydraulic jack as the owner went about the busy task of polishing the ZR1 rims.  We were drawn to the car right away…

Show 'n Shine - Vette to Victoria - Victoria, BC, Canada

Show ‘n Shine – Vette to Victoria – Victoria, BC, Canada

As we enjoyed a conversation with the car’s owner it became quickly evident that this car was highly modified.  It’s this combination of subtle modifications to the body and appearance of the car and the not-so-subtle modifications under the hood that make this Corvette stand right out in any crowd.

Show 'n Shine - Vette to Victoria - Victoria, BC, Canada

Show ‘n Shine – Vette to Victoria – Victoria, BC, Canada

The ZR1 rims and the louvered hood are the first clues to the admirer that something special this way comes.  Closer scrutiny reveals the fenders have been flared to accommodate the wider wheels…  and that’s where the love affair with this car begins.  Those flames we see in the photograph above in the engine compartment are not just for show.  They decorate a forced-induction monster of an engine in art that could be displayed proudly on the wall of any guy garage out there.  And apparently the judges at this years event agreed.

Show 'n Shine - Vette to Victoria - Victoria, BC, Canada

Show ‘n Shine – Vette to Victoria – Victoria, BC, Canada

This car won more awards than any other, if my memory serves me correctly.  At the Concours level of presentation the attention to detail to collect awards like this is astounding.  The car must be absolutely perfect from top-to-bottom, from stem-to-stern.  And this car was that, and so much more.  It was really a work of rolling art.

I’ve just never seen art scurry down the road creating a sonic boom, that one is new to me.

Many thanks for joining us here today as we stroll the lot of the “Vette to Victoria” event.  We’ve got plenty more cars coming in the next few months, so please do stay tuned!

As always, we really love to hear from all our visitors, so please feel free to leave us any comments you may have!

Great shots Toad. This car is a beauty.

Thank you so, so much there, Edith, we sure do appreciate you hitting the brakes and popping on by today! 🙂

2. The best sleeper I’ve seen was a 1971 vintage 911. They had taken two engines and mounted them side by side, took up all of the back seat… The guy said he’d walk on just about anything on the road and I believe him!

A stock 911 is a formidable platform. A modified 911 is a near scary platform.

A 911 with two engines installed? MADNESS! 😀 I like it.

Thank you so much for taking the time to pop by and see us here today, Derrick, and for leaving these great comments! You made our day!

Thanks, Andy, it sure is, isn’t it? We sure do appreciate your visit here today, my friend!

That is one awesome vehicle Toads! No hiding or pulling back either, just plain muscle from start to finish! Very cool!

I completely agree, Jim, thanks so much! Many kind thanks for popping by and leaving us your great comments here, Jim, we sure do appreciate it!

that’s a lovely looking Vette my friend and you have captured it so well!

Hot looking Vette! I love Atomic Orange! I don’t really care for the flames, but that’s a hot looking ride!

Thanks for taking the time to come by and see us here, Rick! I totally understand that the flames are a personal taste, I rather like that artwork and all the effort that went into it. Regardless, this is one hot car, no doubt about it!!

6. One cool set of photos for one hot looking car

Thank you so, so much Chris! We really appreciate you taking the time to come by and see us today!

What a sleek machine Toad. I am not usually a fan of orange cars but it really works with this Vette

Whoaw, those are some scary beasts there! LOL Great shots, Wayne, I am going to have to Tweet that album out to the world! Thanks so much for taking the time to come by and see us today, and for unleashing another tiger into the thread!

What a car! I would not know what to do with a car like that, for fear of getting a speck of dust on it, or heavens forbid, a drop of rain. I use my cars till they die, and don’t do much to slow their demise either so this cultural enclave always seems very foreign to me. But as usual you have managed to give us a peek into this world, and considerable understanding too, like some kind of anthropologist.

LOL! What GREAT comments, Ehpem, how can I begin to thank you!! We used to have this really rare 30th anniversary Camaro Z/28 and it drove me nuts with the dirt. It was black on black so anytime a speck of dust was kicked up in Spokane, it somehow landed on my car. My day-to-day car looks nothing like this one, that’s for sure. Many heartfelt thanks for taking the time to come by and see us today, and for leaving these awesome comments!! 😀

I am pretty sure this will tear your face off in a straight line. I also love that they left the flame paint job to the engine compartment itself.

Hahaha! You always leave us the best comments, Chris, we sure do appreciate it! I think you’re right on your thoughts there; this baby is capable and qualified to get both the mail AND the groceries! All in one go! Thanks a ton for your kind visit, my friend, it’s always a huge highlight of our day!

10. Awesome shots Toad! The flames are a nice touch. I am really enjoying this series. Can’t wait to see more my friend!

Thank you ever so kindly, Michael, your visit and comments are always a highlight for us here and we really appreciate it!

11. avatar AttilaS says:

Thanks for the awesome comments and great pictures. This car has had a pretty big transformation from stock. However, it is a daily driver and I do put it on the track! Scott has the pics to prove it. It was a lot of work to get it show ready as we drove from Calgary through rain, mud & even a bit of snow! I almost gave up cleaning it, but changed my mind and was cleaning it into the wee hours to get it ready for the morning! Paid off big time!

Did it ever, Attila! It paid off very handsomely! Your car was a definite highlight for us over the Vette to Victoria long weekend, and we really enjoyed meeting you and your wife and spending some time with you. We’re thrilled to see you liked the post we did here featuring your awesome car. If things align, it would be a big honor and pleasure for us to see you guys again one day, and maybe get a chance for a follow-up shoot! Your car is awesome and most definitely very photogenic! 🙂 Thanks for the kind visit, and for leaving us these comments that I am sure everyone will enjoy! Superb! 😀