Saturday morning came and it was a glorious morning.  The perfect morning for a world-class car show.  And as the day progressed, it sure didn’t disappoint.

We find ourselves taking a further look at the recent gathering in Victoria, BC, Canada, the Vette to Victoria 2012 event that was hosted by our own Victoria Corvette Club.

Show 'n Shine - Vette to Victoria - Victoria, BC, Canada

Show ‘n Shine – Vette to Victoria – Victoria, BC, Canada

It really hasn’t been the best spring on record here in Victoria this year, but the day of the Show ‘N Shine came with clear skies and a warm sun.  We arrived a bit before the show officially started at 8:00am and the cars were filtering in.  The owners busied themselves making final adjustments and preparing for the coming show and competition.  The Concours was positioned at the front of Jenner Chevrolet and this proved to be the absolute perfect setting.  The dealership has recently undergone refurbishment, and it was the picture-perfect venue for a car show that played host to a group of simply gorgeous Corvettes.

Show 'n Shine - Vette to Victoria - Victoria, BC, Canada

Show ‘n Shine – Vette to Victoria – Victoria, BC, Canada

As the cars were positioned and final details were attended to, the shadows became shorter, the excitement was building and the participants and visitors began to fill the lot.  It was almost palpable.  You could tell straight-away this was going to be a banner day to be a Corvette fan.

Show 'n Shine - Vette to Victoria - Victoria, BC, Canada

Show ‘n Shine – Vette to Victoria – Victoria, BC, Canada

Chevrolet Corvettes were represented in stellar fashion, with cars from each generation on display.  I think one of the best facets of being a Corvette fan is finding something in each generation of car that is absolutely wonderful.  The changes to the body style over the years has both been drastic as well as subtle.  The basic lines have remained, but some of the corners, edges and details have gone through revision over the years.  I can honestly admit that there isn’t a Corvette built that we don’t love.  Each stands out on its own, as well as being a part of a much larger collection of commonality.

Show 'n Shine - Vette to Victoria - Victoria, BC, Canada

Show ‘n Shine – Vette to Victoria – Victoria, BC, Canada

As the morning progressed, the cars kept trickling in.  It was really amazing to see such a great venue as this fill up with sights and sounds that you just typically don’t see every day.

Show 'n Shine - Vette to Victoria - Victoria, BC, Canada

Show ‘n Shine – Vette to Victoria – Victoria, BC, Canada

We really wanted to photograph each and every entry in the show, but the venue was so dynamic and fluid we quickly realized this wasn’t possible.  We did the best we could under the circumstances, and admittedly this conundrum was a direct byproduct of the shows success.

Show 'n Shine - Vette to Victoria - Victoria, BC, Canada

Show ‘n Shine – Vette to Victoria – Victoria, BC, Canada

Show 'n Shine - Vette to Victoria - Victoria, BC, Canada

Show ‘n Shine – Vette to Victoria – Victoria, BC, Canada

Competition at the Concours level is beyond description.  We saw more than one car on a hydraulic jack so the owner could gain access to the underside for detailing.  The sanctioning body has an incredible set of rules and guidelines that make up the boundaries for judging.

Show 'n Shine - Vette to Victoria - Victoria, BC, Canada

Show ‘n Shine – Vette to Victoria – Victoria, BC, Canada

We had visitors from far and wide at the event, and this really added a great dimension.  Smiling faces were found everywhere, and all the participants were happy to share their stories with anyone interested.  This was, indeed, the perfect recipe for a great car show and we were thrilled to have a chance to be part of it all.  Over the coming weeks we’ll be rolling out further posts from the Vette to Victoria 2012 weekend showcasing individual cars we had the distinct pleasure to photograph, as well as images from the events we attended.  If you are a car fan, it’s going to be a great summer here at The Hollow!

Please, feel free to leave us any comments you may have as we really love to hear from all our visitors!  Many thanks for taking the time to pop by and see us here today, we really do appreciate it.

You absolutely had to be in your glory Toad. I know how much you love these type of cars. Great write-up and images as usual, my friend.

It’s a day we reflect on all the time here, Len, thank you so much! Just wait till you see what’s coming up, there were some cars here that were so incredible they almost defy description. Stay tuned, my friend, get strapped in, it’s only just begun!

That late 50s model in the first frame set it off for me Toads! What a great collection! Lucky you and lucky them to have you guys covering it!

Those first generation Corvettes are so very beautiful, Jim! Thank you so much for taking the time to pop by and see us here and for leaving us your wonderful comments!!

3. avatar Adam Allegro says:

Some SICK automobiles my friend! I would be thrilled to shoot one of these. Nice work again, keeps making me want to buy a vette 🙂

I can honestly tell you, Adam, there is no WRONG Corvette! ANY Corvette is awesome! At any rate, my good friend, we sure do appreciate your visit and kind support here today, that really means an awful lot to us!

4. Some pretty cool sights there Toad old chap, love the car and attention spent on those ‘Vettes.
    Know what you mean about the spring, been like winter here.

I keep coming back to these photos to “warm my hands” as we sit here on a gloomy rainy day. LOL Thanks so much for taking the time to pop by and see us today, Chris, we sure do appreciate it!

Your enthusiasm is infectious Toad. And the images as always crisp and well executed. This clearly was a Fantastic weekend.

Thank you ever so much, Andy! Please do stay tuned, my good friend, we’re just gettin’ the baby off the ground! Many thanks for taking the time to come see us today, it really means so much! 🙂

Nice cars. Love that ’62 Convertible and the ’63 Stingray in the first image! Good stuff, Toad!

That’s so kind of you to say, Rick, we sure do appreciate your kindness & support here! You, sir, have great taste in sports cars!! 🙂

7. avatar Wayne Frost says:

Nice work, Toad. Nice shiny, clean venue too. I have given up trying to capture every car in these shows, and now just concentrate on the cars that stand out to me, rather than kill myself trying to get every car from two or three angles. Hopefully it leads to better images.

I think you’re right on that one, Wayne. Next show I believe we will take this approach to our work, for sure. Many thanks for taking the time to swing on by and see us today, and for leaving us your awesome comments, my friend!

I’m sure you loved every minute of this day and this assignment. Beautifully documented and photographed.

We were most definitely a pair of Toads in a Fly Store, Edith, this I can promise you! Fun was had by all, it was a great great event. Many thanks for popping on by and leaving us your thoughts here, we really appreciate it!

9. It’s like this event was designed specifically for you, with your love of all things Corvette. I just hope you brought enough memory cards. 🙂

Funny you should mention that, Steven! We actually brought our laptop computer, and kept dumping our cards straight onto the computers hard drive every once in awhile! We came home with over 1,000 frames and processed them all to complete our set of a little over 200 production images. It was a fabulous weekend, with tons of photo opps that’s for sure! Many thanks for your kind visit here today, my friend, we really appreciate all your support!

10. avatar Rachel Cohen says:

Awesome post and images as always Toad!! I sure would have loved to have been there with you guys!! Corvettes and cars in general are another one of my faves!! Thanks so much for sharing with us my dear friend!!

And many thanks to you for your kind visit and wonderful comments, Rachel, that really does mean an awful lot to us up here!

nice! I bet you were loving this event!!

I was like a fisherman in a bait shop, my friend, like a Toad in a Fly shop! It was a real highlight of our year, so far, that’s for sure. Many thanks for your kind visit and comments, my friend!

12. Wonderful images and a very entertaining story as usual Toad. With your love of these cars I’m amazed you managed to actually make so many images – I would have expected you to be looking at the cars and hearing all of the stories from the owners 🙂

Hiya Mark! Well, I was shooting with one hand and talking with the other!!… oh wait, that doesn’t sound right… That is one of the things about these cars I find; everyone has a very personal story and they are very happy to share it with you! One of the very best parts of being involved in the community, that’s for sure. Many thanks for your visit and most wonderful comments, good sir, that really does mean so much to us!

13. avatar Rob says:

Beautiful day for a car show. Awesome images!

14. avatar Rich McPeek says:

Wonderful write up and images Toad! Great work my friend!

15. avatar Lisa Gordon says:

Where to even begin!!
    All of these are gorgeous!

Thank you so very, very kindly there Lisa, we sure do appreciate your wonderful visit & comments here!

16. Looks like an exciting time Toad! I love those aerial shots! I know you didn’t want to leave all of these beautiful cars! Can’t wait to see what you have coming up next my friend!

Thanks, Michael, I was seriously like a kid in a candy store that day, I can tell you! Many thanks for your visit & wonderful comments, my friend!

17. avatar Christian Schmitz says:

Great Pics Toad 🙂 Our Vette to Victoria Photo Books are done!! They are coming in about 3 weeks!

How exciting! Thanks for all the work you’ve done on that, I know it’s a big project to compile something like this. We had so much fun attending the event and photographing it, it’s a big highlight for us to share it with everyone here! Many thanks for your kind support and encouragement through this!! 🙂

18. At the car show, we had probably about 100 corvettes. I had to take pics of all the corvettes that came ! 🙂 🙂

Not to mention all the cars were coming and going! A highly dynamic situation, to say the least! Really looking forward to the book launch!

19. avatar Perry Bailey says:

Great set, Toad. How could you decide what to shoot next with so many ‘vettes in every direction? At least it was a fun dilemma!

🙂 A dilemma, indeed, Perry! I felt a bit like a ping-pong on that particular day, we found ourselves in a “target rich environment”, so to speak! LOL Thank you so much for your visit, my friend, that really does mean so much to us here!