Happy Holidays – From Us To You

Posted: 22nd December 2011 by ToadHollowPhoto in Photography
Tags: , , ,

It’s that time of year once again!  The holidays are upon us and we pause our busy daily lives to spend some truly wonderful time with our family and dearest friends.  Mrs. Toad and I would like to take this chance to wish everyone a wonderful holiday season, and to thank everyone for your ongoing friendship, support and encouragement this year at The Hollow.

Happy Holidays! - 2011

Happy Holidays! - 2011

We love this time of year.  Everything becomes bright and beautiful as the seasons decorations are put up everywhere.  The colors are vibrant and everyone is busy bustling to and fro as they go about shopping and spending time with those who mean the most to them.

Happy Holidays! - 2011

Happy Holidays! - 2011

Mrs. Toad and I were lucky enough to spend the evening with our dearest friends, the Mudpuppies.  The company was wonderful, the food was terrific and both of us left the house late last night for our long drive home with aching cheeks from laughing so hard.  What could possibly be better!

Happy Holidays! - 2011

Happy Holidays! - 2011

As the gentle glow from the soft candle light and the wonderful twinkle from the exquisitely adorned tree bath the room in a warm and loving feeling, we wish we could invite you all over for some season’s cheer.  This is the scene at the Mudpuppies house, an iconic scene that was both welcoming and entrancing.  After a busy and long year, with many milestones and memories, we just love to take this chance to stop and take it all in.  Our children and our grandson are all living away from us, in another province, and we miss them dearly.  The phone lines will certainly be busy on Sunday morning as we call each other in an effort to bridge the miles between us.

This final post before Christmas day is truly a message of love and peace for everyone.  We have received so much from all our family and friends this year, and it’s important that we get a chance to thank each and every one of you for everything you’ve done.

I am not sure I’ll be back to my computer next week, things are fluid and in a state of flux.  Please know we’ll be thinking of you all and looking forward to returning to share some more great photography and experiences with everyone.  And in the meantime, peace be with you all, we love each and every one of you.

Best wishes, from The Toads, to you.

1. avatar ChrisdMRF says:

What a wonderful and heartwarming scene you have painted here. I hope you have a great holiday and that next year brings everything you are working for to fruition.

I agree with Chris, a very heartwarming post and images. I hope that you and Mrs Toad have a wonderful holiday season and a great 2012. I know things are changing in your life but, of all of the people I have met on-line, you have the best attitude to get through it. You have been a friend to the on-line photo community and especially to me. Your support through your comments and inclusion on Light Stalking are really appreciated. I wish you nothing but the best.

3. I love you my sweet Toads, have a blessed Christmas <3

Thanks for the wonderful Christmas wishes Toads – please accept mine in return. The internets are not the same without you here everyday, but it’s still great to know you’re there and we can be reminded of your kindness and friendship. God Bless my friends!

• What a kind, kind message, thank you good sir! Your friendship and support this year has meant the world to us, Jim. We truly wish the very best to you and the entire Denham family. You will be in our thoughts and prayers this weekend, my friend! 🙂

5. Thank you for the warm wishes and sentiments. To both you and Mrs. Toad I wish you both a Merry Christmas and Happy New year. May this coming year be filled with nothing but health and happiness for yourselves and your families.

6. avatar Scott Wood says:

Merry Christmas my friends. Your support this past year has been incredible, thank you.

• Thank you so, so much Scott! That truly means so much to us here, my friend. Really looking forward to 2012, and the chance that we’ll finally get to meet in person! How absolutely exciting. We truly wish you and your entire family the best holidays ever, my friend.

7. avatar Mrs. Mudpuppy says:

Thank you so much for your friendship Toads! Our gathering was made so much more special by having the two of you there! Blessings of the season to you both as well as everyone on the blog, we’re looking forward to sharing many more adventures with you in 2012!

• The famous Mrs. Mudpuppy! Coming from you, that means so very much to us, our dear dear friend. Both you and Mr. Mudpuppy are a huge part of The Hollow, and more importantly our lives. We love you guys with all our heart, and thank you for all you’ve done. You guys are the best of the best!

8. avatar Kerri says:

Merry Christmas Mr and Mrs Toad!! So very glad to have met you “virtually” this year!!
    Hope all your wishes come true in 2012!!

9. avatar Rachel Cohen says:

A wonderful and heart warming post Toad! I feel like all of us are there with you two! Thank you so much for being there for us all year long my friend! You are truly a very special person! 🙂

• Your kind words pretty nearly overwhelmed me this morning here, Rachel, you are such a kind and wonderful friend. Thank you so very much. I don’t have proper words to describe what your friendship and support have meant to us here, but rest assured the sentiment is absolutely heartfelt. Best wishes to you and your entire family, my dear friend!

10. avatar newd7000user says:

What a great post and wonderful pictures, it warmed me just to see them! Have a very Merry Christmas, and the very happiest of New Year’s! Thanks for allowing me to join you this year in experiencing so much through your lens and words.
    Peace and joy,
    Howard

11. avatar Rick says:

Merry Christmas to you, Toad! Hope you and you family have a fabulous holiday!

12. avatar Fred Norris says:

Here is wishing you a jolly good Christmas old Boy.Really looking foward to all the Toad’s stories and images to come in 2012!You have really captured the spirit and mood of this time of year with today’s blog,top shelf mate!!

• Thank you for traveling across an ocean to come visit our post today, Fred, and for the wonderful sentiments! We truly appreciate, more than you can know, all your support & friendship this year! Best wishes to you and your family, from The Toads! Perhaps one day, we can all get together for a Christmas season… best wishes!

Merry Christmas Toads! Thank you for all the support in 2011, and may 2012 bring you more success and continued happiness!

14. Merry Christmas, Toad-ster!

15. avatar Bob Lussier says:

Merry Christmas, Scotty! Best to you and the Toads!

Thanks for all you do and for all of your support!

• Thank you SO much, Bob, that means more to us than we can properly express! The same to you, my good friend, best wishes for the season and I am very much looking forward to continuing this journey with you next year! 😀

A great post Toad and wishing you and yours a fabulously wonderful holiday season!

17. avatar Renee Besta says:

Dearest Toad Family: Wow, these holiday images are just stunning! Thanks so much for the awesome post. This is simply beautiful work! You, dear Toad, are the very best and the pinnacle of all that is good in the world of photography and on Twitter. It has been such a pleasure getting to know you, dear Tweep, and being able to share your journey through your wonderful stories and images.

Since I only recently got my own WordPress site up and running, your blog will be an inspiration to me. Have been too delinquent with family obligations and other matters this year, but looking forward to a great 2012 and more consistent posts. Thank you for everything you do. And thank you for the blessing that is you! Renee

• What a kind and wonderful comment to receive, thank you so much Renee, from the bottom of our hearts! Your kindness and encouragement have meant the world to us here at The Hollow, we really appreciate all you’ve done. Here is wishing you the best Holiday Season and a wonderful 2012 full of great photography and friendship!

18. avatar Adam Allegro says:

Toad, these shots warm my heart 🙂 Thanks for the holiday spirit. Well done. Also, thanks for the mention this week, I really apprecaite it. Hopefully I can give you some love in return. Anyways, happy holidays and I hope to get to know you guys and your work more in the coming year!

19. Lovely pictures! Happy Holidays to The Toads from Kerstenbeck Photographic Art!

Happy Holidays Toad. I hope you are getting a rest, good food, and some time with your camera and tripod. Its been nice meeting you on-line this fall and all the best in the New Year.

Love these photos – the tones in that last one are wonderful, and the leather couch – its like I can feel that surface with my eyeballs.

21. Happy holidays to you and your family, and best wishes for a happy and healthy new year. I’m looking forward to more of your wonderful images and words in 2012.

Hope that your holiday was a good one and My family and I wish a happy new year to come! That nut spread looked good too!

I’ve been neglecting the WWW over Christmas and missed your Christmas post. So sorry for that, but I hope you read my Christmas message and realised my comments most certainly applied to you and your generosity to me. I really enjoyed reading this – you have a wonderful way with words and these images say so much about the Christmas spirit. All the best for the New Year – we will I know be in touch.

• You are a kind, kind friend. Thank you SO much for your visit Andy, and for your heartfelt and wonderful sentiments! Everything I have done this year has been to facilitate building the community, and I truly love following your work. It’s all my pleasure and honor. Best wishes to you for the remainder of your holiday season there, and both Mrs. Toad and I are very much looking forward to continuing our friendship in 2012. Best wishes!!!

24. This year I haven’t taken any Christmas picture… I’ve lost my Christmas spirit lately :p.

Very nice Christmas tree :D!

Thanks to you for your words in my blog and in LightStalking :). Merry Christmas and happy 2012 :)!

• I hope you find your spirit soon, my good friend, although from following your work online here I’d have to say that your photography is absolutely top drawer! It’s been a real delight to meet you this year and to spend time with you and your work. I am very much looking forward to more in 2012! Best wishes, and a Happy New Year to you, my friend!