Thank you for joining us today, we’ve got a special feature to share with everyone.  We were recently requested to do a full photo-shoot for a friend of ours who owns a wonderful character B&B in Chemainus on Vancouver Island in BC, Canada.

It was most definitely a highlight of our summer to get a chance to meet Harriet and spend some time with both her and her wonderful B&B.  Our entire gallery of 32 high quality images of this enchanted B&B can be found at Gallery: A Cottage And A Castle.

As you come into the lovely little town of Chemainus and onto the street where the B&B sits, you are greeted by the cottage first.  A beautiful heritage style home complete with fabulous details, the scene presented is absolutely striking.

A Cottage And A Castle B&B - Chemainus, BC, Canada

Making your way through the front garden, you encounter the porch which presents a lovely little sitting area.

A Cottage And A Castle B&B - Chemainus, BC, Canada

A warm and inviting sense greets you as you come into the cottage.  The front room is home to a gorgeous grand piano that overlooks the front garden area.

A Cottage And A Castle B&B - Chemainus, BC, Canada

Several quaint and lovely rooms are available in the cottage itself.  Take in the finest that the island has to offer.  The ocean is only a block away, an easy walk.

A Cottage And A Castle B&B - Chemainus, BC, Canada

As we make our way from the cottage to the castle, we are greeted with the lovely garden in the backyard.  A pond and gorgeous flowers await you as you are bathed in tranquility and the worries of the day gently fall away.

A Cottage And A Castle B&B - Chemainus, BC, Canada

As we make our way into the castle, we are greeted with a building taken straight from a time now long ago.

A Cottage And A Castle B&B - Chemainus, BC, Canada

Once inside, the upper suite is both warm and welcoming as we are whisked away to experience life as it was hundreds of years ago.  The living area is rich in colors and details, sure to enchant all who visit.

A Cottage And A Castle B&B - Chemainus, BC, Canada

The ultimate in romantic elegance, the master bedroom suite beckons you and further adds to the wonderful experience.

A Cottage And A Castle B&B - Chemainus, BC, Canada

No castle bedchamber would be complete without the ultimate en-suite bathroom.  The B&B does not disappoint with a deep and luxurious soaker tub and fireplace to add a warm glow as the evening sets in and you settle in for a magical time.

A Cottage And A Castle B&B - Chemainus, BC, Canada

Downstairs, another suite awaits the visitor.  Absolutely charming and delightful, the sense of romance and peace is further found as we take in the lovely room.

A Cottage And A Castle B&B - Chemainus, BC, Canada

No matter the reason, A Cottage And A Castle B&B is the perfect place to stay for a romantic evening or an extended holiday.  You will be pampered in luxury and elegance as you take in the grounds and the quaint little town of Chemainus.  Everything you’d need is close-by, providing a private and peaceful time for all who come.

Thank you kindly for visiting our special feature today on our photoblog, we really appreciate it.  Please feel free to leave any comments you may have as we always love to hear from all our visitors.

1. Stunning interior photos, Toad!! First class composition and processing.

2. avatar Heather says:

I am on my way……

3. avatar Jan Winther says:

Beautiful series of images. What an amazing place…

4. Absolutely stunning series of images Toad! This place looks awesome. No doubt she will have more business than she can handle after everybody sees these! You have really outdone yourself my friend! Hope you have a great weekend!

5. avatar Rachel Cohen says:

Wow toad, a wonderful series of images from the quiet peaceful and quaint to the grand and majestic. Great processing also!

6. avatar Curt Fleenor says:

Outstanding set of shots Toad!

7. Oh My God Toad the pictures are stunning. This B&B is amazing and your pictures make me want to book a vacation and get right on over there. Just a fantastic job. Tell Harriet she hired the right photographer for the job.

• Why, thank you Edith, aren’t you the kindest person we’ve seen today! We really appreciate that! If you do indeed ever decide to visit, please make sure we get a chance to get together! The B&B is very close to our house, so it would be real easy to schedule a visit!! :)

8. avatar Tom Dinning says:

I just got the revised and extended version of Stephen Shore’s ‘Uncommon Places’. I had his early edition years ago but needed a refresh. If you haven’t had a look at it, Scotty, you should. Although he and you have different ‘styles’ your work reminds me a great deal of what he did back in the 70′s.
    He’s one of my favourite photographers. So are you. You’re also one of my most favourite people as well. Thanks for the mention at LS again. It motivates me to work harder.
    By the way, croc season has begun so save your swim over here ’til next year.

• Good Lord, kind sir, those comments right there have left me speechless, Tom. What an amazing and incredible thing to share with us, it really means so very much my dear friend!! We still hope to swim our way over one day, perhaps once the crocs are less feisty.

9. avatar Jani says:

looks like a wonderful place!

Man that place looks really cool. If I ever get down there I want to stay at that place! (assuming I could afford it, lol.)

11. I commented on this post somewhere, but want to make sure it shows up here. This series of photographs just takes my breath away. I scroll through it many times because the photos give me such a wonderful feeling, so welcoming, and your post-processing in HDR is absolutely perfect! I want to be like you when I grow up as a photographer! :-)

• Oh good Lord, my friend, you are already a master photographer, one of the folks I LOVE to follow! Thank you so very much for your encouragement and kind words here, Helene, that means so much more than I can find the words to say.

12. avatar Rick says:

Oh, this looks so charming and cozy! Looks like I have a place I need to stay next time I’m out on Vancouver Island. Wonderful tour, Toad!

13. avatar Andrea Toth says:

I have got to go here this summer!!

• You wouldn’t be disappointed, to say the least! It’s an amazing little place, and the owner is a dear and wonderful friend! You’d really enjoy yourself! Thanks for the visit and comments today, we really appreciate it!

Photomatix Pro