We really missed everyone yesterday, and it sure is good to be back here writing up a new post this morning.  We’ve been away on business and completing a massive photo shoot of the little town last weeks castle photos came from.  We’ve got some really great stuff coming down the pipe from all this work, so please do stay tuned!

There have been a few subjects recently that have really been sitting on my ToDo list to capture.  Sometimes my propensity to show up to a shoot only to find the item of interest has been demolished creates a sense of urgency.  So, this weekend we finally managed to capture a few images of these subjects and we cannot wait to share them with you.

Planter - Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

Planter - Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

Every time Mrs. Toad and myself fly by this wonderful planter in our Corvette roadster, I always moan and complain about having to grab some photos of it.  This weekend being Father’s Day weekend, my beautiful wife set up a lovely day where we could hang out and take pictures together all day long.  One of my all-time favorite activities; the combination of being able to spend some time with Mrs. Toad being best friends, coupled with photography.  It doesn’t get any better, my friends…

Planter - Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

Planter - Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

I have no information on the origin of this wonderful artifact, but it really looks to me like it was made, or at least fashioned, from an old tractor.  And we all know this particular Toad loves tractors.  The rust and textures inherent in this item  are absolutely wonderful.  The old-fashioned lantern on the front wheel is really a star of the scene, and I just love how the planter literally pops right out of the image at us here.  I do have to say, these are some of my favorite pictures we’ve ever taken.

If you enjoy these sorts of items, we really encourage you to stay tuned as we’ve got some really wonderful imagery coming over the next little while.  We’ve been rather busy Toad’s hopping about lately it would seem!  Please do feel free to leave us any comments you may have as we truly love to hear from all our visitors!

What a very cool planter! Beautiful combination of hard rust and soft flowers! Well done!

Definitely a cooler planter than some old tire or toilet out in the front yard. Fantastic find Toads!

3. avatar Viveca Koh says:

That sounds like a lovely Father’s Day Toad 🙂 Love this planter, it’s so cute!

4. avatar Heather says:

So awesome! Happy Father’s Day Toad 🙂

5. avatar andy gimino says:

Nice image toad…we have lots of those old tractors here in vermont!

6. That’s a really cool find. Just for the record, the angle you used on the second shot totally makes it! I love that presentation.

7. Nothing better than Rust & Antiques!! Awesome Post Toad!!

8. What a wonderful find Toad. Sort of reminds me of Beauty and the Beast. I love all of the contrasts and you’ve captured them perfectly in one frame.

• Thanks so much Barbara! Yeh, that was the thing that really struck me about this scene as well; that dichotomy between nature and man-made creations that are weathered and full of crazy textures! I just loved the scene and had a great time creating these images. Thanks ever so kindly for your wonderful comments my friend!

9. avatar Tom Barnett says:

Sounds like a great day, my friends! Love love this post. Love these oddball items that really have a lot of personality. Thanks for sharing them with us!

• Thank you so very, very much Tom! It was truly a wonderful day. One of many I seem to have since I got ever-so-lucky and married the wonderful Mrs. Toad! I, too, just love different things like this planter… stay tuned my friend, we’ve got some more stuff coming soon here! Thanks a ton for your visit my friend!

10. avatar Kristi Hines says:

Definitely a great use of old artifacts! Wonderful find – I wonder if there’s stuff like this in my neighborhood and I’ve just never noticed before.

• Since I’ve started on the photographic journey, I’ve noticed more and more things of interest in my area. I sure hope you do, as well, Kristi! It’s a lot of fun doing this, that’s for sure. Many thanks for the visit!!

11. avatar ChrisdMRF says:

Great find Toad. It soes look like tractor parts indeed and I love that rust

12. avatar Charles Dastodd says:

what a cool idea! that looks really nice, great shots 🙂

13. Missed this one yesterday. Lovely shots!

that is a great find Toad!! lovely work here my friend!

I want a planter like that! That’s coool.