Whenever I think of B&B’s here on the West Coast, for some reason Continental Breakfasts come to mind right away.  Life definitely runs at a slower pace on the island here than in most big cities and the idea of waking up in an old character-filled heritage home and getting into a nice, soft robe and then enjoying a wonderful continental breakfast just sounds so relaxing.  My best friend sent me a few leads recently to some really great heritage homes that are now converted to B&B’s, and today we take a look at one.  This is the Humboldt House B&B.

Humboldt House B&B - Victoria BC Canada

Humboldt House B&B - Victoria BC Canada

The Victorian architecture that is so prevalent here on Vancouver Island really shines in this lovely example of an old heritage building.  The color combinations and general fantastic condition of the building really create a distinctive sense of character.

Humboldt House B&B - Victoria BC Canada

Humboldt House B&B - Victoria BC Canada

From this side, we can clearly see that even the flower boxes affixed to the side windows are color coded to the rest of the house.  A wonderful lamp-post decorates the corner of the front yard by the gorgeous little picket fence.  It all looks and feels so very inviting; what Toad and Toadess out there wouldn’t enjoy a lovely evening in such a fabulous facility?

Humboldt House B&B - Victoria BC Canada

Humboldt House B&B - Victoria BC Canada

This final shot really takes a close look at some of the beautiful details evident in Victorian architecture.  The detail at the top there is actually a flower-pot brimming with local flowers.  The lattice trim almost adds an element of grand lace, and if you spend some time with this photograph, you will notice all sorts of wonderful details in the craftsmanship employed here.  This is truly a little piece of history that is still alive and well in modern society.

Thanks so much for your visit today!  We sure do appreciate that.  Please feel free to leave us a comment as we truly love to hear from all our visitors!

1. avatar Chris Wray says:

Oh man, what a charming and petite Victorian B&B! A great find, Toad! And beautifully captured by you. Love the gingerbread and lattice ornamentation!

Really cool place, nice shots. Captured it well.

3. Well done, Toad!

4. avatar Heather says:

I want to stay there. In my big fluffy robe with my mint tea and a good book 🙂 Awesome Toad!

5. This captures if classic beauty of this part of Canada – well done, Scott

6. avatar Fred Norris says:

Great images Toad!This great little B&B reminds me of one I stayed in over 25 years ago on the English countryside with a French model named Monique… Let’s just say the tea and crumpets were scrumptious .

• This sounds like an action packed weekend my friend! I am assuming you were too busy to take some photos of that B&B? Thanks so much for popping by today and leaving these awesome comments, my friend!

nicely done my friend!

8. avatar ChrisdMRF says:

Thought I’d pop by to say excellent work my friend, love it

9. avatar Jason Hines says:

Beautiful architecture! Thanks for capturing this for us Toad!

10. avatar Cathy Ross says:

Love Love Love that B&B…I want to visit!! Great shot Toad!!

11. avatar Tom Barnett says:

What a fantastic place!

12. avatar jimdenham says:

Just beautiful Toads! Love the detail work on the eaves and the flower pots are an awesome touch! Great images!

13. avatar Jerry Denham says:

Toad you really did this place justice. Beautiful place and shots. Wonderful blue skies as well.

• Thanks so much Jerry! Yeh, these were the first blue skies we’ve seen here on Vancouver Island in 10 months. No; I’m not exaggerating. Thanks so much for your kind visit today my friend, we sure do appreciate that!

14. avatar hdrexposed says:

Really cool set of shots here man, love the details in the house!

15. avatar mindymilburn says:

What a beautiful little place! Thanks for sharing it with us, too bad you couldn’t have told the driver of that silver car to move for five minutes lol

• Bwahaha! You should have seen that driver… she was not very impressed with me… she knew I was taking pictures, but it seemed that I was interfering a bit with her day. I’ve noticed lately that some folks seem to see you busy taking pictures, but they just don’t care and go about jumping up and down in front of the lens for “artistic effect”. Maybe that’s just me. Boo on undesired elements in a shot!!! LOL Thank you so much for your wonderful visit & comments today Mindy, we sure do appreciate your ongoing friendship & support!