With today’s post, we take one final look at the last house we photographed in an area undergoing massive development.  The entire section of housing here is likely on a short fuse, time-wise, and will probably be consumed and demolished to make way for a new and shiny condo/townhouse unit in the near future.  With the blossoming of the local cherry trees to add a splash of color, these images really look to me like a nice tall flute of pink effervescent champagne just bubbling away.

Pink Champagne On Ice - Victoria BC Canada

Pink Champagne On Ice - Victoria BC Canada

We have driven by this house countless times, and each time I’ve really really wanted to stop to capture some images.  With the active development going on right up the street, I finally decided to make the time to avoid the disappointment of showing up one day only to find a barren lot with a sign advertising some new condo development.  This house has looked like this for years, and I am sure this is no surprise.  The roof has tin sheets affixed, likely to try to temporary remedy issues with the roof.  I think the most astonishing thing to me about this image, however, is the rocks on the roof.  If you look closely, you will see the entire roof is peppered with stones and rocks for some reason.

Pink Champagne On Ice - Victoria BC Canada

Pink Champagne On Ice - Victoria BC Canada

Another angle here gives us a side view of the house, and we can take in the details of the worn fireplace and can see the tin sheets on the roof a littler clearer.  A lone red Canadian Post mailbox adds some personality to the scene, and again the pink blossoming cherry tree really produces a great splash of color to offset the surrounding elements.  It was truly a strange sight to behold, and I was really glad to get a chance to photograph it and share it with everyone here.

As always, we really love to hear from our visitors so if you have time please do leave us a comment.  And many thanks for your visit today!!

Great shots as usual Toad! Don’t you just love cherry blossoms?

another interesting find! well shot and processed as usual! Jim

3. avatar Heather says:

Those cherry blossoms are something else……..awesome post Toad 🙂

4. avatar Jason Hines says:

What is Hotel California by the Eagles? What? I thought we were playing Jeopardy… At least that was my first thought when I read the title.

I do love the tree with the pink blossoms and I hope they don’t remove it when they’re renovating the area.

• *ding, ding, ding* Nice catch, there, Jason!!! That was exactly where that line came from my good friend! We sure do appreciate your visit & comments today, that’s so kind of you! I really hope they leave the tree as well; they really are so beautiful in the spring around here.

5. That pink really does make the shot. Nice job, Toad!

Wonderful image Toad. We have a bunch of those same trees blooming here as well. Love how colorful they are. Nice work!

7. avatar chrisdmrf says:

Another winner toad

8. avatar Kristi Hines says:

Love the cherry blossoms! Wish all bubbly came with an added beautiful color and fragrance!

9. avatar Cathy Ross says:

Those Cherry Blossoms are beautiful…nice contrast with the weathered home!! Great capture as always Toad!

10. avatar jimdenham says:

There’s a lot of character still left here, but it doesn’t look to last long! Love that chimney and the cherry tree! Good stuff Toads!

• Thanks Jim! It’s really quite the place, eh? I just love these old character-rich buildings and always find it difficult to imagine them replaced with a new glass monstrosity. Thanks so much for the visit today!

11. avatar Jerry Denham says:

I’m with Jim. Love the chimney and cherry tree combination in the last shot. As usual, great descriptions to go along with wonderful photography Toad

12. avatar Chris Wray says:

Excellent title for this photo post, Toad! The blossoming tree produces a great contrast: renewal and rebirth amid decay. Another nice addition to your residential series.