The Coastal Toad

Posted: 29th March 2011 by ToadHollowPhoto in Photography
Tags: , , , , , ,

We’re definitely a little under the weather here at The Hollow the last few days.  We’re sorry we didn’t get a chance to make a new post yesterday as we usually do.  Still not feeling completely 100% but we are definitely going to try to get caught up from our absence and get back into the swing of things here.

Sometimes when you’re not feeling great, the best thing to do is to kick up your flippers and sit a spell on a beautiful beach somewhere.  The following 4 new images were captured at an inlet we’ve never visited before.  We came across it quite accidentally the other weekend while out on an adventure together.

Coast - Vancouver Island BC Canada

Coast - Vancouver Island BC Canada

This outcropping is a privately owned piece of land that is situated directly on the oceanfront.  There is a wonderful grove of arbutus trees visible here with their red bark.  These trees are extremely rare and if I understand correctly Vancouver Island is one of the few places in the world where they remain and thrive.

Coast - Vancouver Island BC Canada

Coast - Vancouver Island BC Canada

The beautiful pool of water had the loveliest ripples in it from a gentle wind, and the hazy reflections of the trees and skyline added a great element of interest to the overall setting.

Coast - Vancouver Island BC Canada

Coast - Vancouver Island BC Canada

Another image taken of the arbutus grove with the wonderfully rippled ocean inlet providing a front drop for the scene.

Coast - Vancouver Island BC Canada

Coast - Vancouver Island BC Canada

This is definitely my favorite beach shot of the day.  The lone bare tree stands strong and confident amongst the grove of trees.  The coastline leads your eye through the trees, and out to the ocean where we can take in the beauty of the mountain range in the far distance.  Most definitely a serene setting to take in today!!

Thanks for your visit today, and once again we’re sorry we missed you yesterday.  Please feel free to leave us comments as we sure do love to hear from our visitors!!

1. Great set of images! Looks like a wonderful place to relax. I hope you feel better soon!

2. I love the blues and greens of the shallow water in the cove and the rocks add just enough “rugged” to the scenes. I’ve never seen these trees before; thanks for sharing them with us. Missed you the last couple of days; glad that you’re back!

• Thank you so much on all counts here Barbara, I really missed you all too. Really glad to be back in the “cat-bird seat” here today! 🙂 Thanks so kindly for popping by and leaving such great comments my friend!

Dang Toad, these images are gorgeous. Very awesome shots!

4. avatar Jason Hines says:

Really nice images! I absolutely love the ripples in the water, it makes it seem so peaceful and serene.

Beautiful spot to heal up! Great images!

6. really nice set of images – great processing and nice composition.

7. avatar Viveca Koh says:

Sorry to hear that you’ve been under the weather Toad, hope you are soon fully back up to speed and hopping around taking lots more photos again! This set is lovely, and these peaceful scenes look like just the place to relax and take it easy until you feel better 🙂

• We think the whole world of you here at The Hollow, Viveca! Thanks so much for your friendship and caring, it really means a ton to us. Thank you so very kindly! Never fear, it’s hard to keep a good Toad down, my friend, we’ll be up and hoppin’ around like crazy again in no time! 🙂

8. avatar Tom Barnett says:

Nice work today. I agree with you. I like the last image best, but I like the way the water and island lead your eye through the first image.

• Tom, we sure are blessed to have such a great friend as you in our lives! Thanks so very much for popping by today and leaving these great comments! Your feedback means so much to us my friend.

9. avatar Cathy Ross says:

Absolutely gorgeous scenery and I feel refreshed and rejuvenated!! Thanks for sharing Toad!!

• Many thanks for popping by Cathy, we sure do appreciate that my friend! Really happy to see you enjoyed today’s images, nothing like a spot on a beautiful beach to really get you into a relaxed state of mind, eh? 🙂 Many thanks for the visit today Cathy!

10. avatar Jerry Denham says:

Toad these are great. The greens are really popping out of the foliage. Outstanding!

11. avatar mindymilburn says:

Wow, these are absolutley gorgeous my friend! Such beautiful and tranquil scenery!

12. Love these pics, Toad! You’ve done a GREAT job on them!

13. avatar Chris Wray says:

Lovely series, Toad. Especially like the last one with the silhouette mountains in the background. Sorry to hear you’ve been under the weather. Feel better soon!

• We sure do appreciate all your friendship & kindness there Chris, thank you so much! We’ll be fine, it’s just been a bit of a handful around these parts lately! Best wishes to you, too, my friend!